“ I often dubbed him a modern sophist, and he regarded me as a Stalinist. One day, at the beginning of the 1980s, coming out of a philosophy department meeting at Paris VIII, we drove back from François Châtelet’s home at Montparnesse. It was pouring rain, so we stopped the car for a while by the sidewalk. A long conversation ensued, both abrupt and trusting, in the narrow confines of the vehicle. Later Lyotard compared it to a talk under a tent among warriors from the Iliad.
- drink-the-hemlock reblogged this from circulationwithinmyskull
- todgeweiht likes this
- iliketolaugh likes this
- afronaut reblogged this from aidsnegligee
- writingcapital likes this
- dumbassfils likes this
- interruptions likes this
- leviathvn reblogged this from aidsnegligee
- nhaler likes this
- jayaprada likes this
- aidsnegligee reblogged this from circulationwithinmyskull
- alanreedwrite reblogged this from emanationsoftheyellowsign
- emanationsoftheyellowsign reblogged this from circulationwithinmyskull
- screentitty likes this
- hypocrite-lecteur likes this
- velvetrobots likes this
- heksenhaus likes this
- negativeaffects likes this
- sblzk likes this
- circulationwithinmyskull posted this
Stuff I Like
“Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.”— Franz Kafka (via man-of-prose)
Accumulated stock footage backs up speculative Euro-identity. The forseeable future is locked into perpetual rerun. All the regulators are in the...
…”horror” is a non-philosophical attempt to think about the world-without-us philosophically. Here culture is the terrain on which we find...
“There is no nostalgia for origins as there is no origin.”— Agamben, The Time That Remains, p. 103
‘an apocalypticist of the counter-revolution’
demon strings #5: Halloween, Halloween II, and Halloween III: Season of The Witch
More half-baked fantasies about horror film soundtracks
Did Yeezus really leak?
I have really complex feelings about academia but damn do I love being the undisputed best
Me on TwitterFollow @JanPL